|VP, Electrical Engineering; Chief Product Development Officer; Operations Manager; Chief Operating Officer
Job Responsibilities:Complies with Quality System requirements by engaging in appropriate levels GMP/ISO test methodologies, adheres to Quality System Design Control procedures, and applies proper documentation skills.
General Description and Duties:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job task satisfactorily. The tasks listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for the fabrication of prototypes, pilot builds, test equipment, fixtures, etc.
- Work with schematics, assembly drawings, fabrication drawings, bills of material, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts, or defined plans to perform testing, checkout, and trouble-shooting functions.
- Resolves problems in software-controlled analog and digital surface mount circuit boards; performing component level testing and troubleshooting and repair.
- Typically works with limited direct instruction or supervision.
- Project Engineering: Work as part of a project team, or on an individual basis to refine existing specifications, develop process improvements, validation testing and make product yield enhancements, cost reductions. Will set up and run product testing and protocols in accordance with project plans. Will research and recommend vendor and material choices for product. Will be required to prepare and deliver status reports. Ensure that product documentation is in accordance with Quality System requirements.
- Testing: Assist in the design of product testing and perform testing, investigate and troubleshoot product prototypes, equipment and or fixtures in accordance with Engineering and Quality System requirements. May be required to write and/or contribute to writing Test Protocols and Test Reports. May be required to keep a lab notebook to document processes and changes.
- Research: May in the design of product testing and perform testing, investigate and troubleshoot product prototypes, equipment and or fixtures in accordance with Engineering and Quality System requirements. May be required to write and/or contribute to writing Test Protocols and Test Reports. May be required to keep a lab notebook to document processes and changes.
- Product Enhancements: May act independently to research, design and develop new processes and current product enhancements in accordance with Quality System requirements.
- Manufacturability: Participate in design requirements for new products and product enhancements to facilitate transfer of products to manufacturing in a timely and reasonable fashion.
- Training: May be required to lead or train Assemblers and Technicians in the project group.
- Intellectual Property: Ensures technical activities are properly documented in lab notebook. Participates in and contributes to brainstorming sessions to generate new intellectual property.
- Production: In In accordance with Process Instructions, builds product for clinical use. May be required to write and/or contribute to writing Process Instructions.
- Safety: Performs job functions in a safe and effective manner. Helps ensures that employees are adhering to safe procedures and practices throughout the company.
Projects and Other Duties:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience developing prototype parts and products on the bench.
- Must exhibit advanced troubleshooting skills.
- Must be able to document activities clearly in lab notebook.
- Ability to use Windows and Excel in recording/presenting data.
- Must have experience using the following test equipment: DVM, oscilloscopes, signal generators, hand tools, such as soldering irons, hand crimpers, screwdrivers, wrenches, and pliers.
- Some exposure to Electronics CAD software for schematic capture and PCB layout.
- Professional, clear verbal and written communications skills required.
- Ability to work independently or in a team setting required.
- BS in Engineering or scientific discipline or equivalent experience.
- 1-5 years in medical device or similar product design and/or manufacturing.
- Medical device design experience preferred.
- Familiarity with implantable medical devices is a plus.
Salary:Aligning our overall business objectives with performance and merit based pay, Axonics offers competitive salaries, performance-based incentives, and Employer paid benefits programs to address the diverse individual needs of our employees and their families. At Axonics, our employees come first! For California, the base pay range for this position is $90,000 to $175,000 (highly experienced). The pay for the successful candidate will depend on various factors (e.g., qualifications, education, prior experience). Axonics is an Equal Opportunity Employer, included protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are here to help answer any questions you may have about Axonics Therapy.