Job Scope and Quality Impact:
This Engineer will join the Product Development group and is responsible for the fabrication of prototypes, pilot builds, test equipment, fixtures, etc. This position complies with Quality system requirements by engaging in appropriate levels GMP/ISO test methodologies, adheres to Quality system Design Control procedures, and applies proper documentation skills.
General Description and Duties:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job task satisfactorily. The tasks listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Designs analog and digital circuits for products.
- Works with schematics, assembly drawings, fabrication drawings, bill of material, written and verbal descriptions, layouts, or defined plans to perform design testing, and troubleshooting functions.
- Resolves problems in software-controlled analog and digital surface mount circuit boards; performs component level testing and troubleshooting.
- Works as part of a project team, or on an individual basis to refine existing specifications, develops process improvements, validation testing and makes product yield enhancements and cost reductions.
- Researches and recommends vendor and material choices for product, and possibly researches new products and FDA requirements.
- Ensures product documentation is in accordance with Quality System requirements.
- Assists designing, writing and performing test protocols, and produces test reports.
- Participates in design requirements for new products and product enhancements to facilitate the transfer of products to manufacturing in a timely and reasonable fashion.
- Leads or trains Assemblers and Technicians.
Projects and Other Duties:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience in product design and manufacturing
- Advanced troubleshooting skills
- Experience with RF circuit design preferred
- Professional and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently or in a team setting
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or scientific discipline or equivalent experience.
- 3 Years as Electrical Engineer in analog circuit design
- Medical device design experience preferred
- Familiarity with implantable medical devices is a plus
Specific Skills, Knowledge & Behaviors
(To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies)
- Clarity of Purpose: Actively seeks to understand perspectives and interpersonal needs and expectations of others at all levels, builds self-awareness, flexes personal style appropriately, and works through conflicts constructively and appropriately
- Communication: Effectively uses all mediums of communication as appropriate, presents well to groups, actively listens, open to feedback, and continuously identifies opportunities to build communication skills
- Teamwork: Actively works together with formal and informal team members to build relationships and achieve team goals
- Prioritization: Effectively prioritizes work to ensure timely completion of work within scope. Demonstrates good time management and organizational skills
- Technical Expertise: Continuously builds functional and technical expertise, and pro-actively applies that technical expertise in progressively broader scope
- Thoughtful Innovation: Learns and uses best practices tools and methodologies to assess, identify, and executes on opportunities to improve; Focus on learning and building new capabilities into self
- Problem Solving & Problem Prevention: Learns and uses strong problem-solving methodologies and tools, focuses on root cause analysis, and shows orientation towards problem prevention
- Accountability: Focuses on results, takes initiative without direction, takes ownership for all work within scope, builds relationships and works across departments, functions, or areas of responsibility
Equipment Use & Abilities Required:
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, legal documents or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Equipment Use: Familiarity with industry standard test and measurement equipment. Experience developing prototype parts and products on the bench. Familiarity to electronic CAD software for schematic capture and PCB layout, experience with Altium is preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB:
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers; talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and to move within and between the buildings. A computer terminal is used to access, input, and retrieve data. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.