Member of the Finance team that will ensure accurate processing and recording of company’s payroll, provide timely and accurate financial information, and participate in daily data entry Payroll processing.
General Description and Duties:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job task satisfactorily. The tasks listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform daily payroll department operations
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports
- Understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits
- Process correct garnishment calculations and compliance
- Execute hourly time and attendance processing and interface with payroll
- Understand and monitor compliance with hourly wage laws for hourly payroll
- Process accurate and timely year-end reporting when necessary (W-2, W-2c, etc)
- Everify new hires
- Process manual termination checks.
- Prepare 401k contribution files based on payroll data.
- Prepare payroll journal entries to record payroll expense in the GL.
- Prepare PTO schedule and prepare journal entries to record PTO accrual/usage in the GL
- Reconcile state payroll tax accruals
- Assist with some foreign country payroll processing for employees outside of the United States.
Projects and Other Duties:
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Working knowledge of payroll best practices
- Working knowledge payroll systems (Paychex and Paychex Time and Attendance a plus)
- Strong PC skills including proficiency in Excel
- Strong work ethic and team player
- High degree of professionalism
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
- 4-6 years’ experience processing multi-state payroll