Axonics is looking for a full-time Analyst, Legal & Compliance who will play an integral role in providing Legal and Compliance support to all functions of a dynamic and rapidly growing medical technology company. This role will report to the General Counsel & Chief Compliance Officer of the company.
General Description and Duties:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential task satisfactorily. The tasks listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job effectively.
- Works closely with the General Counsel & Chief Compliance Officer and the Legal & Compliance team to help ensure Axonics acts in compliance with laws and its high ethical standards.
- Creates and manages legal and compliance processes in a variety of areas.
- Conducts monitoring and auditing activities to identify, assess, and manage legal and compliance risk.
- Gathers, manages, and analyzes data to identify potential legal and compliance issues.
- Generates reports of key metrics for the Legal & Compliance function.
- Assists in managing the administrative features of the company’s Compliance Program.
- Learns and maintains knowledge on various legal and compliance topics that are relevant to the company.
- Drafts and reviews contracts and other legal documents.
- Assists with management of litigation matters and legal claims.
- Manages and maintains databases for the function.
Projects and Other Duties:
- Other duties assigned by manager
- Impeccable integrity and ethics
- Highly responsive and service-oriented
- Strong attention to detail, combined with the ability to see the big picture
- Thrives in a fast-paced, demanding, dynamic environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize with a risk-based approach and juggle numerous issues at once
- Self-motivated, with an ability to work under own initiative, often under time critical conditions
- Can-do, problem-solving attitude
- Strong sense of intellectual curiosity
- Sense of humor
- Data management and analysis
- Proficiency with IT systems and with PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Experience with compliance with any kind of laws or regulations or as a legal professional (e.g., paralegal, law clerk) is a significant plus but not required.
- At least 3 years of experience working in a fast-paced, challenging corporate setting in a highly regulated industry. Medical technology experienced is a plus, but not required.