The Revenue Accountant will report directly to the Director of Accounting and will be responsible for ensuring that monthly billed amounts are within contract and credit limits. This position will not only perform billing tasks, but will be responsible for day-to-day accounting functions, recording and reconciling accounts, assisting with credit and collections, and various ad hoc projects.
General Description and Duties:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job task satisfactorily. The tasks listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist with reviewing and approving invoices & Credit/Debit adjustments created by the Billing Analysts.
- Ensure that revenue is recognized in the proper periods and is within GAAP guidance.
- Perform month-end revenue related Journal entries.
- Prepare account reconciliations and resolve reconciling items in a timely manner.
- Ensure invoices are in compliance with customer contracts (in both dollars and units). Contracts may span over a three to six-month period, therefore applicant must be efficient and effective at retaining documentation for all prior billing months.
- Work with sales and operations department(s) to research and resolve billing discrepancies and disputes.
- Work with the collections department to research and resolve credit issues or discrepancies (involves working closely with the sales and operations departments to ensure accuracy and contract compliance of disputed items).
- Identify short-pays and generate credit memos (involves working with both the accounting and operations departments to accurately research, document and record credits).
Projects and Other Duties:
- Support Director of Accounting with special projects and workflow process improvements.
- Knowledge and experience in US GAAP including chart of accounts, journal entries, balance sheets, and reconciliation.
- Must possess problem recognition and resolution skills.
- Must have highly developed analytical abilities, able to analyze situations, present/defend conclusions and recommend action plans.
- Must have a willingness to delve into a problem and understand the root cause.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong organizational, mathematical and follow-up skills are required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting related field.
- 4 years of experience as an Accountant.