Ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions.
General Description and Duties:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job task satisfactorily. The tasks listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts; preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Assists with external audit by analyzing and scheduling general ledger accounts; providing information for auditors.
- Avoids legal challenges by complying with legal requirements.
- Records Sales Revenue on a Monthly and Quarterly basis.
- Processes Sales Returns and reviews compliance with internal return policies.
- Processes customer credits reconciles customer account balances.
- Calculates individual state sales taxes.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Projects and Other Duties:
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Prior experience in Accounting or Finance function.
- Prior experience with revenue recognition for a manufacturing or medical device company.
- Knowledge of Accounting, GAAP, Research Skills, Analyzing Information, Attention to Detail, Deadline-Oriented, Confidentiality, Thoroughness, Corporate Finance, Financial Software (QAD preferred), General Math Skills.
- Knowledge of Individual State Sales Tax.
- 3 years of Accounting experience.