This position is responsible for the management and administration of business initiatives with assigned Integrated Delivery Networks (IDNs), Group Purchasing Organizations (GPOs), hospitals and surgery centers. The individual will have the ability to apply an understanding of contracting processes to develop innovative, scalable, and sustainable strategies. This role includes the ability to reduce risk, increase efficiency, and promote growth for the organization.
General Description and Duties:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job task satisfactorily. The tasks listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Support the Vice President, Market Access with all aspects of contract development, pricing models, bid processes, health system management, and business strategies.
- Lead contract development including redline review of Terms & Conditions and pricing negotiations.
- Generate contract templates for new pricing agreement requests.
- Manage corporate bid processes including RFIs and RFPs.
- Model financial risks and opportunities with major pricing proposals.
- Work cross-functionally with Sales Operations to maintain accurate customer contracts and pricing.
- Oversee GPO reporting requirements, member alignments, and pricing approvals.
- Analyze health system adoption and compliance levels to direct sales growth strategies.
- Develop business review templates for corporate customer meetings.
- Respond quickly and professionally to customer and sales team requests.
- Load corporate agreements internally for order execution and sales team reference.
- Develop accurate, complete, and well-organized contracting process files, documenting all administrative actions, correspondence, and any problems experienced.
Projects and Other Duties:
- Identify and recommend area for improvements with the contracting and sales operations processes to meet changing needs of the business.
- Update market access, VAC, and reimbursement resources as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Vice President, Market Access.
- Strong knowledge of the healthcare industry including long-term implications of contract decisions, group hierarchies, and bid processes
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office: Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook
- Excellent attention to detail, follow-up, organizational, and communication skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally with sales, marketing, finance, legal and operations departments
- Capable of prioritizing and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with QAD or comparable ERP systems
- Able to be based out of the corporate office in Irvine, CA
- Bachelor’s degree (Business Administration or similar)
- 3 years of healthcare contracting with sales and marketing collaboration
- 2 years of relevant industry (medical device) experience preferred