Supports the accounting function for the organization
General Description and Duties:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job task satisfactorily. The tasks listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Responsible for full cycle accounts payable processing including but not limited to:
- Code invoices using GL account numbers, approve using workflow
- Review employee expense reports and monitor compliance with internal policies
- Issue payments for Accounts Payable including final paychecks, expense report payments
- Regularly communicate with vendors regarding outstanding invoices, credit memos to reconcile records
- Provide accruals and proposed journal entries for month end reporting
- Generate year end schedules and supporting documents for auditors
- Generate 1099 reports for select vendors at year-end
Projects and Other Duties:
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Accounting Manager.
- 2-5 years in an Accounting position
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft office suite, especially Excel and Word
- Previous experience in a medical device company preferred.
- Previous experience in using Accounting ERP systems. Experience with QAD preferred.
- Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal) required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 3 years Accounting experience
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record
- Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills