Axonics is looking for an experienced full-time Legal Counsel who will assist in the development, implementation, and maintenance of the Company’s growing Legal function and Compliance Program.
General Description and Duties:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job task satisfactorily. The tasks listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Report directly to the General Counsel & Chief Compliance Officer of the Company.
- Provide legal advice and counseling on a broad range of legal issues that arise in a public medical device company.
- Draft and negotiate various types of commercial contracts and legal documents.
- Develop and maintain legal expertise in various areas, including but not limited to commercial law, securities law, healthcare law, and intellectual property law.
- Creates and manages legal and compliance policies, processes, and systems.
- Advise on potential business transactions, such as acquisitions.
- Collaborate with HR on employment law issues.
- Manage legal disputes and litigation matters and implement liability avoidance initiatives.
- Drive implementation of continuous improvements to Legal & Compliance function.
- Supports the General Counsel in conducting legal research, on a broad range of legal issues related to all aspects of the business.
Projects and Other Duties:
- • Assist the Legal & Compliance team to help ensure the effective operation of the Legal & Compliance team. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Impeccable integrity
- Highly responsive and service-oriented
- Excellent analytical abilities
- Driven to find a way to enable the business to achieve its goals in the right, compliant way
- Strong attention to detail, combined with ability to see the big picture
- Thrives in a fast-paced, demanding, dynamic environment
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize with a risk-based approach and juggle numerous issues at once
- Can-do, problem solving attitude
- Sense of humor
- Juris Doctorate degree from accredited U.S. law school
- 4 years of experience as a practicing attorney
- Active bar membership in good standing (preferably CA)
- Experience in medical device or life sciences industries a significant plus
- In-house experience is a plus
- Paralegal experience is a plus