Axonics is looking for a full-time Analyst, Legal & Compliance who will support the day-to-day operations of the Company’s growing Legal function and Compliance Program.
General Description and Duties:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential task satisfactorily. The tasks listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job effectively.
- Work closely with the General Counsel & Chief Compliance Officer and the Legal & Compliance team to help ensure Axonics acts in compliance with laws and its high ethical standards
- Learns and maintains knowledge on various legal and compliance topics that are relevant to Axonics
- Creates and manages Legal and Compliance processes and systems
- Drafts, negotiates, and reviews contracts
- Gathers, manages, and interprets data relevant to Legal & Compliance activities
- Reviews requests for approval from Legal Compliance for various activities that create risk
- Assists as needed with audits and other monitoring activities
- Leads special projects in collaboration with other functions
- Maintains Legal and Compliance documents
- Manages legal bills and budget
Projects and Other Duties:
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Impeccable integrity and ethics
- Highly responsive and service-oriented
- Fast and eager learner with ability to understand complex issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Can-do, positive, problem-solving attitude
- Data management and analysis
- Outstanding ability to keep function organized and manage function processes
- Strong attention to detail
- Sound judgement
- Experience with Laws as it pertains to Medical Devices a plus, but not required
- Proficiency with PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- 2 years of experience in a professional setting in a highly regulated industry
- Experience with compliance with any kind of laws or regulations or as a legal professional (e.g., paralegal, law clerk) is a plus but not required
Work Environment & Physical Demands of the Job:
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to remain in a stationary position at least 50% of the time; operate computers and other office equipment; and communicate and exchange information. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and to move within and between the buildings. A computer terminal is used to access, input, and retrieve data. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- The job requires travel by air, train, and car travel, sometimes for long distances and extended periods of time.
Additional Important Information:
- Axonics may make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of this job, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship on Axonics.
- This job description is subject to change and management reserves the right to assign or remove duties and responsibilities of this job at any time.