The SOX Analyst will manage, monitor, and report on compliance efforts to achieve and maintain compliance with SOX regulations. The ideal candidate will work in collaboration with internal and external auditors. The SOX Analyst will assist in the development of annual financial, and third-party risk assessment process, evaluate financial risks and controls.
General Description and Duties:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential task satisfactorily. The tasks listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job effectively.
- Understand the SOX process flows, narratives, risk and control matrices of business processes, and information technology platforms relevant to financial reporting
- Conduct or participate in walkthroughs and other meetings with process and control owners to ensure SOX testing plans are properly created to address financial reporting risks identified by management
- Participate in the development of testing plans over key controls, reports, and spreadsheets
- Coordinate with Accounting team to support development and execution of Internal Audit plans and programs
- Manage certain internal audit assignments as appropriate and necessary
- Evaluate the operational effectiveness of entity-level controls, business process key controls, and ITGCs in accordance with ICFR testing guidance
- Assist the Accounting team to ensure other compliance matters as it relates to Accounting and Finance including managing sales tax filings, VAT filings, franchise tax filing, property tax filings, etc.
Projects and Other Duties:
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Working knowledge of US GAAP, GAAS and COSO internal control framework, including familiarity with the common indicators of fraud
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal, listening, and presentation
- Excellent interpersonal skills including a detail oriented and diplomatic demeanor
- Strong work ethic and team player.
- High degree of professionalism.
- BS in Accounting or equivalent
- MBA preferred
- 3+ years progressive experience in internal audit with SOX 404 experience from inception of SOX requirements to date
- At least one of the following certifications CPA/CMA/CIA/CICA preferred
- Manufacturing background/experience preferred.
Work Environment & Physical Demands of the Job:
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to remain in a stationary position at least 50% of the time; operate computers and other office equipment; and communicate and exchange information. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and to move within and between the buildings. A computer terminal is used to access, input, and retrieve data. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- The job requires travel by air, train, and car travel, sometimes for long distances and extended periods of time.
Additional Important Information:
- Axonics may make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of this job, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship on Axonics.
- This job description is subject to change and management reserves the right to assign or remove duties and responsibilities of this job at any time.