Job Scope and Quality Impact:
The MES Operations Analyst / Developer is responsible for the technical implementation of MES software as well as execution of installation, upgrades, testing, and system configuration during implementation projects. The role will partner with Quality and Operations to analyze and verify operational needs, and to understand business objectives and goals. The engineer should possess and maintain a high level of product and company specific business knowledge by remaining current with emerging product and technical updates.
General Description and Duties:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job task satisfactorily. The tasks listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Implementing all aspects required for successful MES deployment, including architecting, modeling and setup, testing, troubleshooting, training setup and delivery, and ongoing support and maintenance.
- Creating documentation, including writing protocols and reports, and other documents such as trace matrices, test cases, and validation protocols and reports.
- Identifying opportunities for improvements in existing MES processes, modeling, documentation, and training to optimize workflow and efficiency.
- Planning and overseeing the deployment and layout of MES related workstations in manufacturing areas.
- Interface with cross-functional teams and manufacturing personnel to ensure smooth implementation of changes.
- Author work instruction and process documentation describing the setup and maintenance of MES processes.
- Design and implement a data management strategy for integration of MES solutions with existing ERP and PLM databases.
- Work cross-functionally with Operations, Quality, and various other support groups to determine design, modeling, and script requirements.
- Monitor, track, and report operations performance to Operations Management team.
Projects and Other Duties:
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Expert in MES software modeling and customizations, preferably with Siemens OpCenter and Designer.
- Expert in SQL programming, preferably T-SQL, PLSQL, and dynamic SQL coding.
- Expert Excel user, preferably with VBA and ODBC connections experience.
- Experience with multiple reporting platforms, including but not limited to, SSRS, Power BI, Incorta, Spotfire, SAP Business Objects, Tableu, Kinaxis Rapid Response.
- Experience in large cross-functional projects.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, a similar technical degree, or equivalent job experience
- 2-3 years of experience in application configuration, deployment, and support of MES systems (Siemens OpsCenter preferred) in a manufacturing environment.
- Understanding of system cGMP requirements and maintenance lifecycle in cGMP environments. Experience working in life science or similar regulated industry preferred.
- Working experience with SQL, and support with implementing MES updates.
Aligning our overall business objectives with performance and merit based pay, Axonics offers competitive salaries, performance-based incentives, and Employer paid benefits programs to address the diverse individual needs of our employees and their families. At Axonics, our employees come first!
For California, the base pay range for this position is $90,000 to $130,000 (highly experienced).
The pay for the successful candidate will depend on various factors (e.g., qualifications, education, prior experience).
Axonics is an Equal Opportunity Employer, included protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.