1. What are the indications for Axonics® Sacral Neuromodulation Therapy?
The Axonics SNM Systems are indicated for the treatment of the symptoms of overactive bladder, including urinary urgency incontinence and urinary urgency/frequency, nonobstructive urinary retention, and fecal (bowel) incontinence.
2. Does Axonics SNM offer therapy evaluations?
Yes, Axonics SNM offers both types of Sacral Neuromodulation Therapy evaluations: a basic Trial or Peripheral Nerve Evaluation (PNE) and an Advanced Trial. Click here to learn more.
3. Is the implant procedure different from other Sacral Neuromodulation systems?
A clinician experienced with the implantation of other Sacral Neuromodulation systems can readily perform the implant procedure of the Axonics SNM Systems because the procedure is consistent with best practices in Sacral Neuromodulation implantation.
4. What is the size of the implantable neurostimulators?
The Axonics R20™ rechargeable neurostimulator is 5cc in size. The Axonics F15™ recharge-free neurostimulator is 10cc in size.
5. How often does the neurostimulator need to be replaced?
Both Axonics F15™ Recharge-free and R20™ Rechargeable SNM systems offer your patients with a long-lived therapy option. Axonics F15 provides a 10 to 20 years battery life, and Axonics R20 is designed to last 20+ years.
6. Can patients be referred for an MRI with the Axonics SNM Systems?
Yes, the Axonics SNM Systems are conditionally safe for 1.5T and 3T MRI Scans, making it possible to scan any body region safely. Please reference the Axonics MRI Guidelines carefully before use to learn about the conditions, potential risks, precautions, and instructions on using MRI with the Axonics SNM Systems. Click here to learn more.
7. What are the contraindications of Axonics Sacral Neuromodulation Therapy?
Axonics Sacral Neuromodulation Therapy is not intended for patients with mechanical urinary obstruction. Click here for further information regarding our Important Safety Information.
8. How do I get started with Axonics Therapy?
For more information about getting started, click here and provide us with your contact information. Once we receive it, a local Axonics representative will contact you.